Saturday 26 December 2015

Day 6 - Boxing Day = Rest Day

Absolutely no training today due to heading down to Portsmouth for a second Christmas. Once again, I feel that I've managed to consume more than my fair share of food and wine but I'm sure I've convinced myself that it'll all be fine as, after all, it is a 'rest day'.

Present wise, there has been lots to think about and use... I'm now the proud owner of a set of fins, paddles and a kitbrix bag to put/store it all in. I desperately need some sort of netting bag to keep the swim toys in but the kitbrix will most certainly do for the meanwhile.

The wine and rum can be saved for a celebration later on at some point and I've already started to read the ironman book Sara and Pete gave me. All in all, another great Christmas.

I had planned for today to be a rest day all along by training Monday through to Friday, but it means tomorrow I'll have a nice swim and a long run to complete. I'm just hoping that I haven't eaten and drunk too much.

On a slightly different matter, Rosy has begun to design some motivational posters for me so I just need to print those and get them on the bedroom door to motivate me in the mornings. Am I ready to swim in the morning? Hell yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment