Thursday 24 December 2015

Day 4 - Double Bubble

Another good day today, a lovely early morning swim (90 minutes - 2500m) followed by a 30 minute run, but then again... they are always good days in the holidays. I mean, when else do you have the luxury of when to fit in your training? When else can you say halfway through the day "You know what, I might just head out for a cheeky swim!" Today was a good example of just how good it is to train during the holidays.

Rosy had a couple of friends over the night before and so normally I think I would have been a little on the stressed side due to giggling girls and what-not. This morning though, I woke up to my alarm to everything I needed for the swim. It just made it easy to get out there and do the training. Being the holiday I don't actually have that much school work to do and therefore I wasn't limited to time. Normally I would've got out of the pool after an hour but I did the full set and almost 90 minutes there. I actually felt quite refreshed for it. If this had been in school term time I'm pretty sure that the run wouldn't have occurred due to the planning and/or marking that would need to get done. Realising and understanding this now is good though, it means I can start to plan ways to fit the training in... Maybe even cycling to work.

Well, that is Christmas eve coming to a close now. Tomorrow I want to go for a 60 minute bike ride so I can have a rest day at the weekend.

Wish me luck now.

No comments:

Post a Comment