Tuesday 22 December 2015

Day 2 of 210 - brick

Today's training included the first brick session of many. Just a 30 minute bike, quickly followed by a 15 minute run.

The bike felt pretty good to start with, I hadn't actually been out on it in 3 months since the Ely Monster Middle, but as I kept trying to keep the cadence around the 100 mark with my speed around 15mph and my heartrate as low as possible, I soon felt the lack of miles... I soon begun to realise that I should have kept up with some cycling these past 12 weeks... I soon begun to panic just a little and I soon started to think about the future. I'm aiming towards a speed of 16mph over the 113 mile bike route and I know I'm definitely not there yet. That being said, I know I will be... well, as long as I keep up with the training.

Rosy has a sleepover tonight but I still managed to get a cheeky gym session in whilst they were swimming. Now I just need to sort out when I'll be swimming. I've got to get that started.

No comments:

Post a Comment