Monday 21 December 2015

Day 1 of 210

... aaaaand the training begins with a 6:30am alarm call for a 30 minute run.

It felt good to be out there training again but I wonder if I should have done more than I have over these last couple of months. Have I lost lots of fitness (or any that I did have) as a result, will it make it harder on my achilles, has it made it impossible to complete the ironman next year? The simple answers to these questions are yes, yes and a resounding no. Of course it's going to be harder to do this without that little extra training but it most definitely is not impossible, as long as I keep to the program I will be absolutely fine and will survive the course.

The run today was a little hard on the knees but I'm hoping that will soon pass as my body gradually gets used to training again. It was only 30 minutes but I decided to head up the hills of Halstead to begin to try and get used to them as I'm sure Bolton will be far worse than I could imagine.

Anyway, Christmas is coming and I've just got back in from the gym so I should grab a shower and think about the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment