Sunday 3 January 2016

Day 14 - Long Run

May have gone a little fast but the hour went by quickly and the miles were good. Admittedly, my legs are aching more than usual but I do have a rest day tomorrow so I'm sure/hoping that the time will heal them up a treat ready for week 3.

Thinking about it, they're probably aching because I was stopping to take photos/videos of the sunrise and then going slightly faster to catch up with where I should've been. This isn't helpful, I know but the sunrise really was good and I haven't seen one in ages.

Despite all this (59 minutes worth of running during a 61 minute session) I still managed 5.9 miles at an average pace of around 10:22/mile. Obviously, there is no way I could keep this rate up for the full 26.2 miles (especially after a 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike) but it is almost a quarter of the distance and I still have another 28 weeks worth of training to go. I read somewhere today that racing the ironman will not be the hardest achievement of your life, but training for it certainly will be. I can definitely see this one coming true, Train hard, race easy.

No swim training for me tonight, instead there was a lovely curry and three beers that meant I was way too full to enjoy it. Next time I must remember not to order so much... I don't need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment