Wednesday 13 April 2016

Day 115 of 210

Today's session was a brick session. I was meant to be swimming in the morning as well but I just couldn't get out of bed.

The ride felt really good to start with, I was all refreshed, the speed was good and it looked like there was going to be a good sunset... Then the puncture arrived.

For some reason I seem to get these a lot although this is my second on this new bike which,  when I think about it, maybe isn't that bad. The change took just over 10 minutes to complete and then I continued on. Because of the puncture, I made the ride time longer as the plan did say for a 45 minute ride and I think I completed this. As for the average moving speed, this turned out to be about 16mpg but I'm hoping this doesn't happen on race day.

An awesome run off the bike made up for it all though. Yes, the back of my knees felt tight but the HR stayed down and the pace kept increasing. Overall, I covered 2 miles and managed a pace of under 9min/mile. Awesome. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment