Sunday 16 January 2011

A Little Older, A Little Wiser - Maybe!




Having just climbed off the exercise bike I mention before, for the third time this week, I am feeling strangely positive and am still not too sure why. Maybe it's because I managed to go on for longer today, maybe it's because I also went for a run outside in the week and completed 2.5miles fairly easily or maybe it's because I also had Friday off work and went to an ICT exhibition in London, met up with some friends, had a few beers, a pizza and a delicious foot long Italian BMT! Whatever the reason, I am thankful because, at just just 46 days away, the Silverstone Half Marathon is coming up and then I have the London to Paris Bike ride at the end of July.

I only managed two early morning sessions on the exercise bike this week, Monday and Wednesday, simply because on all the other days I couldn't face getting up! I almost didn't do it today but had to get up anyway to go to the toilet and somehow my mindset changed. I need to find a way to change this mindset and that goes back to last weeks thoughts, of having proper rest days, and mixing up the running/cycling.

So, new regime for next week.....

Monday        - 0530 Cycling   - 30 mins
Tuesday       - 1900 Running  - 30 mins
Wednesday - 1900 Running  - 30 mins
Thursday      - Rest
Friday           - 0530 Cycling   - 30 mins
Saturday       - 0530 Cycling
Sunday         - 1900 Running  - 30 mins

My thinking is that I really need to start pounding those roads and get used to running again yet I also need to break up the running with some cycling and I need to be able to spend some time with the family without falling alseep. I'll just start off small with 30 minutes each and then increase them from there, hope it goes well.

On a slightly different note, this last week it looks like i've lost 3 pounds. For some time i've been keeping a record via the Wii Fit, but this concentration on exercise never usually lasts that long, normally only about 3 weeks, max. Interestingly the pattern is always the same, I start exercising at the beginning of the school year in September so the weight drops. I'll then stop, so the weight goes back up, and start again around January time so the weight drops to roughly the level in September. I'll then stop exercising again until the following September where the cycle begins all over again. This year though it has to be different, mainly because of this Half Marathon and Paris bike ride thing, but also because this has got to be the year of the Dragon and not of the belly.

Fingers crossed for this week now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment