Sunday 29 December 2013

1 week completed, only 33 more to go!



Only a few days ago I decided in my wisdom to enter myself into the Ely "Monster Middle" half Iron distance triathlon. It's a 1.9km swim  followed by an 83km bike ride and then a half marathon to top it all off. Strangely, it's something that I've been wanting to do for some time. Actually scratch that, what I really want to do is a full Ironman but considering my current fitness levels it's probably wise to leave that until 2015.

Anyway, I've taken this as my first week of training and I have 33 left until MM-Day on the 17th August 2014. I haven't been for a proper run in almost 3 months, my last semi decent ride was probably much further than that away and I haven't completed a decent swim since I was taking swimming lessons as a lad so as you can see I have my work cut out for me.

To help me in this feat I have dusted off Don Fink's "Be Iron Fit" and am formulating a 30 week training plan. I now have just 3 weeks to get to a semi-reasonable level of fitness and get used to some early morning training sessions. I may have gone out a little hard this week and am aching just a little but it's that kind of ache that'll get me stronger in order to beat this Monster Middle of a triathlon.

This week's training
Run - 4 miles - 11min/miles
Bike - 10 miles - 4:45min/miles
Swim - 0.5 miles - 30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment